Goal Chic Scholar Program
The Goal Chic Scholar Program is an initiative that celebrates the pursuit of higher education. During the annual ceremony, a scholarship of $500 is awarded to one college-bound young woman who exemplifies academic excellence and community service, and plans to enroll full-time in a four-year undergraduate program. For more information, please see below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1) What is the Goal Chic Scholar Program?
It is an annual, merit-based competition -- financial need is not considered -- that is open to 12th graders. The main requirement is that you are committed to going to school and can express your goals for getting a higher education. The first place prize is a $1,000 scholarship to help cover educational expenses. This award can be used at any college or university in the United States.
2) Who is eligible for the Goal Chic Scholar Program?
To apply for the Goal Chic Scholarship Program, you must meet the following requirements:
1) High school 12th grade student;
2) A resident of Brooklyn, NY;
3) Attends a high school in Brooklyn;
4) U.S. citizen or legal resident;
5) Plans to attend an accredited 4-year college in the U.S.;
6) Be committed to using education to better your life and that of your family and/or community;
7) Exemplify academic excellence and community service.
3) How do I apply?
If you meet all of our eligibility requirements you can submit an online application. We do not have nor accept paper applications or applications sent by mail.
4) When is the deadline?
The deadline is April 15th. The application process begins on February 1st and ends on April 15th of the same year.
5) When are the winners announced?
The selection process typically takes 4-6 weeks following the close of the scholarship competition. All completed applications will be reviewed by our judging committee who will select the winner. The decision of the judging committee is final. The winner be contacted directly by both e-mail and regular postal mail.
6) How will I be notified?
Once judging is complete, we immediately notify the winners by phone, mail and e-mail. If you are a winner we will find a way to contact you!
7) What if I have more questions?
You can always contact us with any of your questions. Please visit our website at goalchic.org.
8) How is the Goal Chic Scholar Program supported?
The Goal Chic Scholar Program is supported through private and corporate donations. All funds are used to support students. If you would like to donate, please visit our website at goalchic.org.
To apply for the Scholarship, click here.